FindArena > Find Arena > Money

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
frismavaifede : I really don't want to have to buy it again.

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
Bormmayonry : As long your version will install on a MAC, then yes.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
EricWZ : reduce estate taxes. reduce estate taxes
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
Triarryhosy : Please Specify or give some more details to your question so we can answer your question, thank you!
but I give you my idea of how I understand your question.

These how I reduce estate taxes
Claim the unified credit again estate tax, which reduces the total taxable estate for the decedent. The IRS revises the unified credit against estate tax every calendar year, so the amount of the credit varies depending on the year in which a person dies. For example, the total tax credit in 2001 was only $635,000, while the credit increased to $3.5 million in 2009. If the total tax credit for the year matches or exceeds the decedent's total taxable estate, the estate tax liability is eliminated.

Create a revocable trust for the beneficiaries of the estate prior to the decedent's death, and bequeath the revenue from dividends and interest earned--not the trust itself--to the beneficiaries. Assign the estate or a trusted third party as the trustee. The beneficiaries can enjoy the benefits of receiving quarterly or annual income each year from the revenue earned by the trust while simultaneously avoiding estate taxes.
However, the money the beneficiaries earn is considered taxable income, and any beneficiary who "cashes out" the trust is typically liable for gift taxes.

Create a credit shelter trust, which allows married couples to take maximum advantage of the unified credit against tax. Both spouses divide their assets equally and create two separate trusts--one in each spouse's name. When one spouse passes away, he bequeaths his trust to his surviving widow, who can apply the full amount of the unified credit against any taxable portion of the trust. The surviving spouse's trust is not considered part of the deceased spouse's estate, so it is not considered taxable for estate tax purposes.

Mortgage some or all of the equity in any real property owned by the estate, which reduces the total value of the estate. The beneficiaries can use the remainder of the inheritance to pay off the loan in full after the estate transfers the property title, which--when combined with claiming the unified credit--can reduce or even eliminate tax liabilities for many estates.

Bequeath some or all of the estate to a charitable organization. The IRS exempts most registered 501(c)(3) charities from federal tax liabilities, estate taxes included. By donating some of the estate's assets directly to a qualifying tax-exempt organization, you can reduce or alleviate the estate's tax liabilities.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
Encannaxy : have less assets to be taxed
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
coachoutletolkc : The farm will require an initial investment of $12.10 million. This investment will consist of $2.20 million for land and $9.90 million for trucks and other equipment. The land, all trucks, and all other equipment is expected to be sold at the end of 10 years at a price of $5.21 million, $2.36 million above book value. The farm is expected to produce revenue of $2.01 million each year, and annual cash flow from operations equals $1.87 million. The marginal tax rate is 35 percent, and the appropriate discount rate is 9 percent. Calculate the NPV of this investment
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
rarsepoetry : READ OR DON'T REPLY

long story short, 3 of us lived in an apartment 2 years ago, one moved out not paying rent(he violated the lease) however i have amazing credit and so did the other roommate so we decided to just pay his portion of rent/bills so the landlord wouldn't come after us, all went well, we ended the lease early(and yes we paid the lease termination fee), all was good and dandy, we were actually on good terms with our landlord when we moved out.

when we got our notice in the mail as to what charges were being deducted from our security deposit we didn't really pay much attention to it and just cashed the check we got. this was well over 22 months ago, we just got a letter today stating there was an accounting error and the check we received was not the correct amount(it was more then we should have gotten)

after looking over the deductions and such, we realized indeed there was a mistake(2 of the charges they actually added instead of deducting from our deposit), the landlord now wants us to return the money and has threatened small claims if we do not pay. the total amount "we owe" is $418, is the landlord entitled to it? if she is, am i allowed to make payments? i don't have $418 to just hand to her right now..

the other roommate and myself have already taken the other roommate to court and were awarded our judgement, if the landlord is entitled to the money, am i supposed to just sue the other roommate AGAIN for a third of the "remaining balance". when we got our check for the deposit my attorney informed me i must give him a third of it, even though he still owed us money from breaking the lease, so he already got his fair share of the deposit check now we have to repay some...

thanks in advance
@ linkus, could you please read the entire text before posting...
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
agobeTaulge : Your choice is simple to me is the cost it would be chase up everything legally of if you and the other flat mate attempt to get the third to chip in for a third as well, or if the two of you pay $209 each

I am unaware of your laws about that. I tend to look for the easiest way out, but it will depend on the legal bills

Good Luck
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
saitiolmesela : There is no question the landlord can sue you for the damage claim. It would be best for you to avoid court and work out a payment plan with the landlord. Small claims court won't allow a payment plan. When you originally put up the deposit to rent the apartment you likely split it 3 ways. But when you got your refund you illegally excluded the third roommate. And now that you know you are getting a smaller roommate you want the third roommate you shafted before to pay his fair share? And want to collect by suing him again. That is your option, but expect to be counter-sued for the one third share of refund you originally illegally withheld from him.
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
Astottope : Yes, they can sue you for this money successfully. As you realized, then YOU would need to sue that former roommate again for a third of the $418, and that may not be worthwhile. However, it IS worthwhile for the landlord to pursue small claims for the $418, and the judge may very well be favorable to the landlord. Accounting errors are not a valid excuse to not pay what is owed. Banks make corrections all the time successfully.
  Reply With Quote