FindArena > Find Arena > Marketing

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
stemfft : MG Sports Cars
Whole Earth Organic Malted Flakes
easy Jet Airlines

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
unsuffrot : We are making a belt buckle that gives you the time and has lights on the bottom to see where youre walking. The other possibility is just the lights on the bottom but no time. any suggestions?
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
ytcyseo : The C*ck Clock

5% of all proceeds please.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
Shohabmib : The male version could be the GF Buckle.

The female version, the BF Buckle.

(as in Boyfriend/Girlfriend buckle)
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
Williamismku : Kars for Kids runs a commercial on some radio stations that says "we’re a recognized 501(c)3 charity organization, so you’ll receive a maximum tax deduction. What’s more you’ll receive a free vacation voucher for a 3 day 2 nights” (see for the full text).

The maximum tax deduction for giving a car to a charity is the value of the car (if the charity uses it) or the amount of money for which the charity sells the car (if the charity sells it).

However, you can only deduct that amount if you receive nothing in return.

If you receive a vacation voucher, then you are not allowed to take the maximum deduction. You are only allowed to deduct the value of the car (or the amount for which it was sold) MINUS the value of the vacation voucher.

Either (a) the vacation voucher is actually worthless, in which case the radio ad is simply ordinary fraud or misleading advertising, or (b) the vacation voucher has some value, in which case taking a maximum tax deduction possible for the car (i.e., the amount that would have been a valid deduction if there was no vacation voucher) would be tax fraud.

See item #3 if you want an explanation of this.

My question is not about the tax law, which I already understand.

My question is about the advertising laws.

Is it illegal for a radio station to run an advertisement that contains false tax advice?
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
Sleeryrub : about it you can get information from here
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
RoaltGall : Also, How does consulting fit into these?
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
CialisFree : Hello everybody, I'm going to the US and I don't know if the adaptor I used when I went to the UK could be suitable for the US as well. Here you are a pic:
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
zakladykliczko : Sorry, but the USA and the UK have different type electrical outlets.

This is an example of one for the USA that is intended for grounded (3-prong) outlets:;jsessionid=567904102C64DC358CCBEB63F9F09C56.bbolsp-app01-144?id=1218184235425&skuId=9847931&st=plug%20adapter&cp=1&lp=3

The one for No. America in this set will also work for the USA, and it will work in all outlets.

Do get the adapter before leaving home.


Citizens of about 35 countries can travel to the USA for up to 90 days at a time as a tourist or for some business purposes by registering for ESTA > before < their trip begins. The cost is US$14, which is similar to the fee for the Australian ETA program.

Registering is accomplished online, you don't need the details of your trip, and the confirmation is valid for multiple trips to the USA over two (2) years so don't wait until the last minute.

Print the confirmation - or at least record the number - and keep the information with your passport. Having a return or onward ticket leaving North America is a requirement, so have a copy of your airline itinerary at passport control.

If you are planning a long visit then DON'T schedule your departure day for the 90th day (any part of a day in the USA counts as a whole day, so if you arrive at 23:59h on the 1st and leave at 00:01h on the 10th it is 10 days in the USA). Schedule your departure not later than the 88th day as there are no (zero) provisions in the Visa Waiver Program for someone to voluntarily extend their stay. If you miss your flight due to something Immigration might consider avoidable (ex. flat tire on the way to the airport) they may ban you from using the VWP in the future.

Check with your health insurance to find out if it covers you in the USA and pays for medical evacuation to home (should that be necessary). If yes then take proof of coverage with you. If no or not sure then get trip medical insurance, which is cheap and sold by airlines & travel agents. The USA has wonderful medical care but it isn't free or even cheap. Please do not skimp on this as an otherwise-silly accident could turn into a crisis if you don't have medical insurance. This is a link from the US government, but the info is good for anyone traveling outside their home country:
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
ik9q8o842j : This is the kind of adapter you need:

Look at the picture.
  Reply With Quote