FindArena > Find Arena > Law

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
Mobfabybrirty : I'm trying to come up with a way to describe my ex father in law because i am trying to word a letter to a judge describing what i've dealt with. The reason i am doing this is because i'm taking my exwife to court for custody of my kids. My kids are 10 and 8 and for the past 7 years, i've only been on visitation because my ex and her father told the courts when we first split up that i was abusive and threatening, which i am not at all. They fabricated some rediculous crap that never even happened. The whole time i was married the father in law was constantly belittling or trying to prove he was better at stuff to the point where i was too annoyed to go anywhere with them. I have been moving all over the country for the past 8 years so really the visitation was better anyways, but now i have a job back near my kids and i'm ready to get custody. Also about 6 months ago, my youngest daughter, age 8, hit me in the face and i asked her why, she said "you hit mommy" and i was just appalled, she obviously is taking the lies to a new level and trying to turn my kids against me. Just want to know some intelligent way to explain this when i go to court, because my appearance isn't the smartest looking one, i pretty much look like a meathead, which has burned me in the past. Thanks alot, Paul

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
biddeteemict : Get a haircut, dress well, and talk to a lawyer.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
demBiniadiack : The only possible way for you to get custody is to hire a lawyer. Without a lawyer you have no chance at all. Even with a lawyer you don't have much of a chance.

Just as an example of why you need a lawyer. The way your father in law treated you makes no difference at all. Not one little bit. This is a child custody case. The only thing that matters is the children. The fact that your father belittled you is completely irrelevant. If you stand before the judge and present that kind of evidence the judge is going to tell you that you can't present that evidence and it's going to make you look like someone who's trying to get even.

Your ex has two things going for her. First she's the mother. It may be unfair, but that's what it is. Second, she already has custody. The courts think that it's better to keep it consistent, meaning that the current care giver keeps custody.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
tatocuctuaply : I'm in the state of North Carolina and I'm 17. I got caught stealing a $12.00 dollar pair of earrings from kohls. I have NEVER been in trouble with the law I have a completely clean record. I was just wondering what I should expect in court? I'm so nervous. Also, do I plead guilty or not guilty? Do I get a court appointed lawyer? I admitted to the police that caught me that I took them and gave them back to him, I did not get arrested. Any information would be great. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
Accopidanda : Plead not guilty based on the charge. NEVER EVER admit guilt in an open forum. You will likely get probation and ordered to pay back the item that you stole.. It will probably be deposed of very quickly.
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
Unilkyingewly : Think like a politican, dont.admit anything! Even if the ansser is obvious, dont ever admit to it! The less you say the better.if you feel really threatened, start to drool, just slightly. Most normal people dont mess.with you if they think your a little 'off.' Serious. Its worked for me a few times.
Your ganna be okay. Just when your done doing probation, or what have you, get it expounged.(sp?) Your 17, or i think you can get your files sealed. Whatever works. This incident coulda jacked your whole future up.petty theft is treated like second degrre murder pretty much nowadays (its not, but they r serious way more than ten years ago or so) r
  Reply With Quote