FindArena > Find Arena > Law

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
EasedSokStoks : I got caught with a 1/2 oz of marijuana in texas, my lawyer is going to get me on a deferred program so i can move to california and go to college, i was wondering if while on the deferred program i could get a medical card and smoke marijuana ( i have severe anxiety and adhd), i asked my lawyer and she said yes i could smoke if i got the medical card, but im still not sure because its a marijuana relate offense (it was a class b misdemeanor) . So can i get a medical card? Please only real answer theres no point in being rude to me:(!

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
harbour3730 : there is no medical marijuana law in Texas.
You are not yet on the deferred program. You do not yet live in Calif. And until you move to Calif, no one can tell you what they will do there.
Right now, you are breaking the law.

Sorry if you consider a TRUTHFUL answer to be "rude". That is don't always get what you want/ expect.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
Kesseneli : no, with a marijuana offense you might not even get a card. even if you do, no way jose.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
FLestesWP : i don't think they give medical cards in texas, but i'm not sure.

i think Raoul's comment is false, i'm pretty sure that smoking marijuana would not lead to them not allowing you to use marijuana, as many people use marijuana before they can legally because it works for them.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
daunkwoorousa : You could get a doctor's recommendation that you use marijuana, which would allow you to legally possess marijuana under California law. Nothing you have stated would bar you from doing that. The question is whether possession of marijuana, which would still violate federal law, would be a violation of the terms of your deferred program. I am not an expert in Texas law, but I would want to get some assurance from the court which allows you to participate in that program that marijuana use as authorized by the laws of a different state will not subject you to punishment for a violation in Texas.
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
sepepiste : My divorce has dragged on for 3 1/2 years. I checked the clerk's website for an update and the last thing posted says "Note of Issue after RJI". Does that mean the final papers have been filed? Or does it mean everything is done? Or is there still more crap we have to go through? My lawyer isn't exactly forthcoming with the info. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
biohazad : The decree will be issued after a judicial review.

You're getting there...
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
wrimiIniviamy : We were stopped at an intersection 5 months ago, when we were hit from behind by a person going about 35 mph. We hit the car in front of us, and my car was totaled. My husband and infant were also in the car, but I was the only one injured. I've been in physical therapy and had cortisone injections, but have had no improvement. MRI showed a partial rotator cuff tear. I will be having surgery in 2 months, we are already working with an attorney. Does anyone have a somewhat similar experience? My daughter will be almost two by the time I have surgery, so I will also be caring for her while recovering. I have pain doing everyday tasks, including taking care of my daughter. Does anyone have a rough idea of what we might expect for pain and suffering?
Not expecting to get rich at just curious. We have not had much as far as out of pocket expenses...most has been covered by insurance. I know the attorney's money will come out of what we get, just trying to get a very rough idea of what we might see after that..for pain and suffering. I have dealt with pain everyday since May, and surgery will be a HUGE burden with a toddler.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
theomarttes12ezr : You might get enough to cover medical expenses - if you have a lawyer his expenses will come out first, then medical. Do not count on getting rich
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
Gohismimb : whatever type of insurance the other person has will offer you a settlement. Most people take the settlement. If you don't take the offer then the you can try to sue the owner for the rest BUT if they are broke, you prob won't ever see the money. You can sue for pain and suffering, loss of pay(if you had a job at time), and you can also sue for not being able to do your wifely duties (sex) believe it or not. I would just discuss everything with your lawyer and see what he/she suggests because it's hard to just pull a number out of air. In a lot of states there is only a certain amnt you are allowed to sue for depending on what your reasons are. For some things there is no limit.
  Reply With Quote