FindArena > Find Arena > Law

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
RHIFTARRICH : I'm 27. Confident I was kidnapped and the people who raised me are not my parents.

How can I get access to their DNA to run a DNA test? They won't willing supply it and there is no way for me to get my hands on it.

Can a P.I. be hired to get it? A lawyer? Or who?
  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
Tevyemalm : take their hair brushes
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
AdupsMund : You hire a lawyer and develop a compelling case for a court and ask for a court order.

It's not going to happen of course.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
katimmita : Steal their toothbrushes. Lots of DNA.

But, you will have to pay for any DNA testing that will be done. And if it comes back that they are not your biological parents, you should search for any records of you being adopted before jumping to conclusions. That's also going to come out of your pocket also. By the time you are done, you might be looking at several thousands of dollars (at a minimum) that you will be spending.

*EDIT* - You could go to court and show what evidence you have that you think you were kidnapped as a child and have the court order them to provide DNA. But since you are talking 20+ years after the incident, it's not very likely to happen.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
MeggansFK : Well first of all if they kidnapped you then its quite surprising they raised you and spent on you for last 27 years and never asked for ransom from your real parents. And if they really kidnapped you and raised you for all these years with love and affection then don't insult them by saying that they are not your parents. Only giving birth to child doesn't make you a parent its the constant care, love and upbringing that makes you a parent and took care of you for last 27 years. So even you find out that they are not your parents just don't let them know that you know this.

But yes you have the right to know who are your real parents if they are not and you don't have to hire a lawyer for that. You just need few samples from them which would be very easy for eg. Their hair (just hug them and gently move your hand through their head and you will get one or two. that would be enough) or you can get from their pillow, or saliva ( give them a chewing gum or something and when they are finished chewing say you will throw it. and keep it safe) or just get their used tooth brush (not washed after using). you can get any half eaten apple from them that would also contain their . You can get their mucus sample from their hanky when they blow their nose. Even dead skin cells in our finger prints have our DNA but that is difficult for you to collect. Finger nails don't have dna so they won't work.

your father's socks, mother's hair band and jewelery box , slight blood from cut on your father's shaving razor and those precious tears of you mother. The kisses your parents have given you on your forehead or cheek, the hugs you have shared with them and even the pocket money you received from them every time every second of your life you have shared your and their DNA with each other. So its not true that you can't get your hands on their DNA. '

Either you have their DNA inside your body or you have their DNA on your body. This perhaps make a big difference for you but not for me.
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
StatlyAroro : So today I was arrested and driven away to the local police station.

The story is, last night I got into a fight with my Dad so I packed my bags and walked out the door. I didn't know where to sleep for the night so I went into my townhouses laundry room and through the window I hopped over to the balcony of my townhouses 2nd floor. Note that no one lives there and the last occupant moved out months ago. However, the townhouses janitor saw me sleeping in the balcony and I was woken up and dragged out by two police officers. I explained my story to them...or tried to but they were very aggressive and rude. Apparently the land lady thought I was giving her an attitude because I was trying to figure out what was going on, charged me with "Unlicensed entry of structures" and "Burglary in the Third Degree". So...I was driven to the police station, had my fingerprints and mugshots taken. And before I was kicked out of the police station, I was given two papers: one "Complaint-Summons" which explains what I was charged with.. 1.) 2C:18-3A and 2.) 2C:18-2A(1). and another paper that's basically telling me to appear at the superior court a week from now.

Is there anyone experienced with the law know what I should do? Do I really need to get a lawyer and do I need to bring anything? And in all honesty is this a reasonable charge or is this just my landlady being a...well a cunt? Oh and I'm 19 so I am an "adult". Also note I stole NOTHING and didn't even break into the room. I just stayed outside in the balcony. Additionally I have no previous crime records.
Thanks Pennybags for your answer. I actually overheard one the the police officers question my charges saying he thought the officers who took me in were overcharging me. Also the officers punched me in the face several times during the arrest to the point where when I open my jaws its hurts. I don't see any external damages but can I sue the officers who took me in for these things or should I let it slide?
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
frismavaifede : If you can't afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you by the court.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
WLlenore : I think you need a lawyer, because of the burglary charge, as that is one you are not actually guilty of. And even that other charge sounds wrong. Should be something like trespass, not entering of structures.

I think they are overcharging you. Get a lawyer to help with that.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
iwjmovnjmyvc : What state did this occur in?
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
Grooimaar : I really need to have a question answered and no lawyer will answer it unless I hire them for the case. I had a joint custody agreement child would spend one week with mom and one week with me. Switching every week. But she was still getting 40% of my income in child support so I don't have enough money to support the child so I have not been taking the child on my weeks. This has been going on for about a year. Now she is taking me to court to get full custody because I have not been participating in joint custody. The court date is 3 months away and she i asked to see my child and she says no because I wasn't doing it before. Can she keep him away from me at this point? Should I keep trying or wait until court? Also I just came in contact with an old roommate of herds discovered she is drinking every weekend and beating my child. I've called child services before but they did nothing. What do I do? Do I have a case for custody even though I haven't been able to see my child? Help plz
  Reply With Quote