FindArena > Find Arena > Law

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
LoffVonosoomy : I'm willing to go to an Egyptian law school as to be a political lawyer, what are the best majors i could take that would help me AFTER law school to get a good job earlier?

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
AssicsbleammaGB : Um, why would you want to major in something after you've already graduated college and law school? Your best bet would be to take intensive courses on the specific area of law you want to practice.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
LodiniBof : Back in 2010 my family purchased a home in Calgary, AB, in the community where I grew up. They moved in, got settled, only to discover that the neighbor is a total nightmare. She is extremely aggressive, loud, and inappropriate.

For example, she would often march around her back/front yard and the street in front of our house and curse and scream that we were throwing rocks at her and that we were psychotic. She would scream at people who were visiting our home as they parked and walked inside. She would also threaten my little brother that she was going to snap his neck, or yell things like "your daughters are sluts and whores" or "I hope your dog chokes on his bone and dies". She used to scream about how she owned the neighborhood and she made the old owners move, and soon she'd make us move too. Which, eventually we did because it was unbearable.

Usually, this type of behavior was completely unprovoked. And when it was "provoked", that simply meant it was a nice day and we were having dinner outside on our deck, or vacuuming a car in the driveway, or raking leaves.

The police were called thousands of times over the two years we lived there and by former residents before us - but never had the police ACTUALLY done anything because she is known to be schizophrenic. We've since moved, and maintained a relationship with the new homeowners, who are now having the same problems. We had a large dog so she only ever screamed from her front yard at us, but because the new owners have no pets, she bangs on their door and screams at them for passing along mail or because "we must be working together to get her".

There has to be SOMETHING we can do to have a stop put to this behavior. It is absolutely disgusting that she has been allowed to do this to people for decades now. Can she be sued civilly or is there any legal remedy to this situation?
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
goodevry12 : Wow, sounds as if you've lived through hell and now the new neighbors are experiencing a similar thing. If this neighbor is bi-polar and not taking meditation, then everyone around her has to experience her hostile abuse. It seems to be really a civil matter, which means the police will not become overly involved as they have little jurisdiction in civil matters as much as they enforce provincial law and federal law.

I'm replying because this happened to me in Montreal, when I lived there. And the police took the person away to jail, after I pressed charges when he threatened me, he was also a neighbor. He was also bi-polar, and he touched my arm, which made it a bodily threat. He was sentenced to a few days in minimum security, but was back out very shortly. After that he was forced to take his medications or go back to a group home or facility.

It's not their jurisdiction unless she physically harms someone, or damages property that is not hers. Which I'm certain you know now, after this history of her scary abuse. Fact is she is perpetuating abuse and she's taken away what's known as legally as: "Right to quiet enjoyment or right to use and enjoyment of property."

One of the things that occurred to me when you wrote about this, is that she should be put under a restraining order immediately.

So that she cannot come within a few feet of her neighbors door. My suggestion is that all records, pictures, video, voice recordings should be kept as a basis for this. That the only way this will work, is not by hearsay (which will not work in a court), but by actual recorded examples of her actions. And that means journals of her behavior with dates and details as well.

Taking pictures, and audio and web cam shots of her doing these things. Placing a web cam and recording the things she does and gathering evidence for a court case is the only way you can prove that any of this has occurred.

I wish you luck with this, I'm not a Lawyer but she is interfering with basic rights and freedoms.

Referral Numbers and Websites:
Note: Refer to the last page of this reference for phone numbers and websites. You'll need to define what part of the law this falls under.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
Vordsmody : I am looking into my options of talking with a lawyer about what recently happened at my OBGN's office.

(Particularly about taking my blood out for a generic testing to see if I would be a carrier to my unborn baby for Cystic Fibrosis - which they did not ask me if I wanted to do, and later told me it was "routine" - which I do not believe is fair because it is my body.)

I'm not sure if I have a case, but I do not believe is in all means should be something that is allowed to happen, and I should have been notified they were doing this testing because I would have declined (they told me they were doing "routine prenatal testing").

What type of lawyer should I contact?
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
cooffcoasoli : medical
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
shumbamma : Start with, whoever you see or know to be a top rated attorney.
They will refer you to the best if after a short consultation, they cannot or will not take your case.

I so hated when a similar "routine testing" determined a false outcome in a work related x-ray.

So disrespectful to perform this way testing and procedures without consulting/informing you.

Find an attorneys office with free consultation. Best Wishes from there.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
Seillaclark : a stupid one. If you were conscious, you knew they were taking blood and agreed to it. The purpose of the testing does not change that. If it did, they might consider testing for cystic fibrosis to be "routine." So, find a stupid lawyer who thinks that you have a valid claim, and that you have been harmed in some way by what they did with the blood once you gave it.
  Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
What majors do I take Dornorenterne Billing 1 06-12-2013 03:05 AM
Liberal arts majors: Did you know that no one takes your majors seriously songfeng400 Billing 3 04-23-2013 06:06 PM
C.S majors - How often do you have to write in ASM? swojeksnik Webmaster 3 03-08-2013 11:05 AM
Accounting majors help!? roritriagma Funding 0 11-20-2012 03:05 AM
What do these college majors do? Gaxarroth Webmaster 3 10-07-2012 11:36 AM

- Find Arena - -