FindArena > Find Arena > Law

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
Classified craigslist : I was pulled over recently on the freeway, and got a ticket for speeding. I want to send a letter to the court where I'm supposed to go and challenge the ticket. It was just starting to get dark when I was driving. I did see where the officer was hiding, only after about 5 minutes did he pull me over. Just a little bit before he did, there was another SUV that passed me(I was driving one too), so it drove faster than me. When the officer asked me if I knew how fast I was going, I said that I wasn't sure, because I wasn't 100%. I just want to say that the officer could have mistaken the vehicle.

Do you think it's possible to send a letter and challenge my ticket? If the judge is going to consider it, or if I get a lawyer to send it for me? Will the judge want to set a court date for it? Any experience with this?
One reason I want to send a letter, and mention that in it, is because I don't own a vehicle right now, and the court will be in a different city. I wasn't driving my car.
  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
UsefeDerb : my husband fought a radar gun speeding ticket and spoke for himself regarding the accuracy. his fee was reduced.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
sunlostli5r : You have to go to court and explain it in court. You can't just send a letter.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
qifeng3787 : It is always good to challenge these if you can afford the time off work. It will either be reduced to a non moving violation or at least fee reduced.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
kevinmgibsonb : You challenge a ticket by pleading not guilty. When you plead not guilty, the court will set a date for the trial. In some courts you can plead not guilty by mail. In others you or your lawyer must appear in court to plead not guilty and set the trial date.
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
Kicoblilm : if you can get a lawyer to send a letter for you, might as well try to do a trial by declaration and have the lawyer help you with the defense, you chances will be better that way.

or else just pay the ticket and take traffic school if eligible so your insurance doesn't go up. and you don't have to appear in court.

best of luck.
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
nesbitt379 : When we still live in Miami FL, around year 2009, me & my husband got separated and I did put him on child support. By doing that I also got some benefits for my son like food stamp, medicaid, WIC, etc.. But not even a year we got back to each other & after months we moved out of Florida due to work related. We didn't try to attempt closing/terminate the child support even though we're together because we know it will be a lot of work & as I said, we move to other State so we can't even go in person. But now, we are buying a house here in Texas and the bank is having issue w/ the child support, they are counting it against my husband. It can be a reason for us not to get approve. Some people advised us to just get a lawyer & supposedly they can do everything for us w/o us going to the court. Is it true? We are kind of skeptical to pay/spend money to a lawyer if we are not sure it can be done.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
aliefique : your priorities just blow my mind. how were you so quick to put him on child support then so quick to want him off then think you can get him off while living in another state with him? im kind of worried that someone allowed you to have a child.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
MrJasonStar : The lawyer can tell you what options you have.

Child support is a court order. You can't just ignore a court order.
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
Vattbaisp : No they aren't bluffing they are taking you to court and the will get a judgment from you. You bounced checks and you will get no sympathy and dont deserve it. Just go to court and they will set up a payment plan for you but they will still get a judgment against you to force you to pay..
  Reply With Quote