FindArena > Find Arena > Law

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
Cherrimyb : Let's say there is a guy that got his girlfriend of a year pregnant and she wants to have the baby but give it up for adoption, does the father have any rights? She wants to hopefully find a couple that wants the baby and will pay for her medical bills and more, something the father can't do, at least not on his own. Does he have any say or does he have to watch his baby be given away, how would he go about doing this? She already told him that it would be better for the baby and him if she gave it to another couple.
That is great news. She doesn't want the baby but she doesn't think the father can raise the baby either despite wanting it.

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
bornOwnence : she can't not legal adopt the child out without the fathers ok,, if she says she does not know and does, that is fraud and illegal. (not jail time illegal, but will invalidate the adoption)

the father can take custody of the child once it is born. him being able to or not being able to pay for medical before the baby is born is not legally his responsibility nor will he be looked down in a court of law..

you will need a lawyer..
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
songfeng607 : Of course she needs the father's consent to give the baby for adoption, and unless the father can be deemed unfit to take care of the child, she cannoot give the baby for adoption
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
itatuilmelf : Permission must be obtained from both biological parents for an adoption.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
focasinome : In order to adopt out the baby, she will need the father's consent. She can attempt to lie about not knowing who the father is, but he could interfere with the adoption process and take back the child when he clearly has known she is pregnant with what should be his child. She could end up in trouble as she could be charged with fraud as she is attempting to skirt the father's right to take the baby if he chooses if she is collecting money from a prospective couple looking to adopt.

While I may agree that it may be better to adopt it out to a couple, it is the father's right to attempt to raise the child if the mother isn't willing.

For the father to be deemed unfit, it means there has to be SERIOUS reasons why he wouldn't be a good dad. Things like a history of child abuse or such. Just being lazy, not having a job, not having money... etc... are not good enough reasons deemed unfit.
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
loupleree : My husband and I have been married for 8 years now. My son is biological father lives here in TX. Can someone direct me or advice me advice on how we can proceed with this issue. Here where I live is a corrupted state. I have been trying to get paper trails on his irresponsible father but cops don't want to make reports. To make the story short, I am not the only person going through this issue here with cops all the people here know cops wont do anything no matter what problem it is. People literally take law into there own hands. It is my least concern right now. I want to fix the issue with my son, not the issue with the cops. I have been been dealing with this issue for 11 years. It is a long story, but I will start off with some issues. His biological father is never there for for him at home he works a lot, but while he is at work he leaves him with his wife and she mistreats him and instigates arguments with the other children and my son. They all gain up on him and bully him. He calls me crying I have repeatly told him not to go if he does not want to be mistreated but he just does not listen to me because he wants to be with there. It is something I have not understand till today how he can be at a place were they are mistreating him. It is obviously that this lady or women he is married to is evil. I can't proof it but only my son can, back then his story did not matter because of his age, now he is 11 going to be 12 in November. Nothing was ever done before because like I said cops here are corrupted, they don't want to give anyone reports. When he is at his dad house they do not provide him clothes they give him sizes that don't fit him that belong to kids younger than him. Their are more personals things that have happened due to my sons stepmother and biological father negligence and CPS got involved and case was closed due to the parents lying to CPS. Oh and not to mention CPS is corrupted as well. I heard about issues with them in the news a couple of years ago that TX is not the only state where CPS is corrupted. I just want to know what I Can do so my husband can get full custody of my son. We want nothing with his biological dad.
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
RussianTiger : If you want any kind of reasonable answer you need to rewrite in a concise coherent manner. That means eliminating about 3/4 of the stuff. You say "to make the story short" and then make it REALLY long and confusing.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
wd69irnuwb : Well, in one way or another, it sounds like you are going to have to turn to an authority that you see as corrupt for the solution to your problems.First, I would suggest contacting a lawyer in your area so he can give you specifics about Texas laws in this matter, as it seems to do things a lot different than other states. Secondly, its not that you are aiming to get your husband custody of your son as much as you are trying to get the biological's custody of your son taken away.

Not including what you may be advised to do by the attorney, you have a few options here:

Go to court for a custody hearing and have your son testify that he is in a negative situation and does not want to live there anymore, and instead wants to live solely at your house. This option is all contingent on whether or not he is old enough for Texas to recognize him as able to make that call for himself.

Call CPS on that household for a LEGITIMATE case of abuse or neglect, then use their findings in court as proof that the biological father is not fit for custody of your son.

From there, you can then proceed to give custody of your son to your husband.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
Pawwrercesata : You would need to talk to a lawyer and see what options you have. Some of your options will depend on what the current court order says (if there is one), which you don't say. You say your son calls you because he is mistreated, but he still wants to go there. If he is old enough in Texas to get a say in custody matters, if he tells that to the court he may still get/have to go there. My first recommendation is to start keeping a list of all the things that happens at the fathers house and when they happened. That way when (if) you go to court you are prepared to show why you should have full custody.
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
andremartin : No. There's no debtor's prison anymore, which means you can't go to jail solely for past due debts.

Many states also have statutes which expressly provide that failure to pay child support does not give rise to criminal penalties. Otherwise how would you ever find a job and pay back the child support?
  Reply With Quote