FindArena > Find Arena > Law

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
yang1239p : i was in a car wreck and my doctor took x rays and said i have whip lash a sprain in my neck bone and pulled ligements in my back and neck i went and seen a lawyer he took the case what are my chances of getting a settlement and he mentioned talking about a number for the settlement what should i ask for as far as a number /money for a settlement?
that is not funny i know it wont be that much i have never had to deal with this type of situation so i dont know what to ask for when it comes time to ask for the settlement can some one give me a mature answer please but that was funny jaker
sticking to the facts not looking to get much even though it was a drunk driver hit and run situation i hate not being able to walk straight go to the doctor almost everyday and cant hold my babies
if its the max how would you double it im just pissed off at the idiot who hit us he needs to be behind bars for good and they need to compensate me for this pain and emotional distress
if its the max how would you double it im just pissed off at the idiot who hit us he needs to be behind bars for good and they need to compensate me for this pain and emotional distress
state of arkansas and he didnt explain cause he wants me to get through my psychical theropy first he knows i am in a lot of pain so he didnt keep me long as i said i have never been through this process before so i am just looking for answers i dont wanna ask for to much or to less this has made my life hard and i was in the wreck january 31st i went to the hospital two days later and they did x rays and said i was strained then i went to my chiropractor and he x rayed me and said i have whip lash a sprung neck and pulled legiments in my neck and back
and yes there was a police report a state trooper came to our home and took the information the drunk went to jail also

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
Frotkishoto : You will get $4.742 million at least. Of course, that's just my guess.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
Immontetcex : Ask him what he think is the max you might get - then double it!
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
Vorsanaffow : I work in this field of law. What state are you/was your accident in and how long ago was it?

Unless your attorney is a total retard, you will get a settlement. To get a rough number of how much your case is worth, you can reasonably just double your total cost of medical treatment. If the driver was drunk and there is a police report, liability is clear and the defense will likely pay very quickly. You were smart to get an attorney though.

Be careful when settling as you want to make sure you collect future damages if your body does not recover to 100% from this accident. Also, your attorneys fees and medical liens will be deducted from your settlement, so depending on your case, you may only get a third or so of your total settlement...

.... I'm wondering why your attorney didn't explain any of this to you? Who is this guy?
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
tramerstendss : in 2006 i was in a car wreck, i was the only one involved and i was 16 at the time. i had car insurance, had my seatbelt on it wasnt a bad wreck and i didn't get any injuries.

the police man that showed up did not charge me with a ticket or anything else.

about a month ago i got a letter in the mail stating that i have to show up in court about 2 hours away from my home for this wreck because i got three points on my record? what does this mean? what can they do too me? and why did it take them so long to send something out? advice please!!
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
RHIFTARRICH : get a lawyer if you are 18 now it should not matter becaue you were under age and your parents were responsible for you.
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
camarok : My father demanded joint custody,but doesn't allow us to visit him and won't visit us or allow us to get a passport.He also put his business in he brother's name so it would seem like he was broke and didn't have to pay more $200.00 in child support.When my mother sued and won,he declared bankruptcy twice.I was wondering if this is legal or if there is anything I can do?This in in Texas so it have to laws applicable in Texas.
I'm 18 and i'm asking for her and so she can ask lawyers.
We're still getting child support even though I'm 18,because I haven't graduated yet.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
tireargueme : If he has no money and no income he hasn't really broken any laws so there's nothing you can do.

If you can prove that he has income that he is not reporting, you might have a case. You'll want to talk to a family law attorney in Texas who can help you figure out what evidence you need and you might want to hire a private investigator to help gather the evidence. If he's running a business in his brother's name and collecting income from it under the table, then he is violating a variety of laws.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
5metalleriew : child support is between your mother and father. there is nothing YOU personally can do.

edit: its STILL not your business she needs to take everything up with a one here can answer any of your questions. your MOTHERS best bet is to ask your specific question to an actual lawyer

i realize you want to help..... but WE cant answer your questions...
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
skathyhaf : First of all, the issues of custody , visitation, and support, while they affect you, are none of your business. This is for your parents to resolve.

I am sorry that he has stopped visitation. He will regret that decision as the years pass.

Child support debt is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Attempts to hide assets should not affect the ability to collect child support. (One of my best cases was the attachment of a deadbeat's sister's bank account where deadbeat had stashed his money in Texas. She was surprised.)

Sounds like your mother needs a more aggressive attorney.

No. There is nothing you can do about this. These things are your parents' responsibilities.
  Reply With Quote