FindArena > Find Arena > Billing

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
Joseph Qk : I'm confused...

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
vitalykim : Indeed. One is a Barrister and the other an Attorney. For further clarification please consult a Paralegal.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
irriddick : the difference is in where you live. in the us their lawyers. in the uk their solicitors. but otherwise their the same.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
glubalpcrulge : The answer to this question may vary from country to country! However in Scotland,United Kingdom the difference is quite defined.

Solicitor: Is someone that you would appoint to assist you in the drawing up of legal documents and contracts. They would be affiliated to the Solicitors Law Society and as such deemed to be able to present such transactions to a court of the land to be filed and recorded for any future referral to the matter cited.

Lawyer: Someone that you appoint to act on your behalf on any matter brought to court and requiring the decision of that legal bench. This can be both in the prosecution or defence of a case that involves legal clarification or decision-making.

As in all matters which require legal jurisdiction this is a highly costly affair and requires much deliberation before approving such action.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
ylmkskevmzx : There are some bad guesswork answers here. Please ignore them. A lawyer is is a generic term for someone who is qualified in Law and practices it in one form or another.

In the United Kingdom the practitioners of law (lawyers) are given different designations according to the type of function that they have. All lawyers must hold a law degree but they then go on to do several years of post-graduate training in their particular function:

This is the "general practitioner" of law. They are the people who you approach when you want any legal work done, or court proceedings started. They are specifically trained in all the procedures which a "GP" of law needs to understand. Normally a solicitor will not appear before any court higher than the magistrates but there are a few exceptions. They are regulated by the Law Society.

These are the "consultants" of law. They are specially trained in court procedures and can also specialise in specific areas of law. If a case is going to court then the client's solicitor will engage a barrister to appear and present it. These are the people in the horse-hair wigs and black gowns. Generally they earn considerably less than a solicitor of equivalent seniority because they are effectively self-employed so their earnings depend on how much work they get (ie how good they are); but the very best barristers (at the top of their profession) can be Ă‚Â£millionaires. They are regulated by the Bar Council.

Legal Executives.
These are people who specialise in specific areas of law. They usually work for private firms of solicitors but the public may not see one because they're often in the background researching the technicalities of a case.
For example - if you call one of the televised accident and personal injury claim companies then your case will probably be dealt with by a Legal Executive (a lawyer who specialises in the type of work, in this example he'll be a Personal Injury specialist).
They are regulated by the Institution of Legal Executives.

These are the judges in all courts higher than magistrates. They are civil servants so their pay does not depend on clients abilities or the nature of the cases they hear. They are all on standard Civil Service pay scales. Judges can be drawn from barristers or from some suitably qualified solicitors. Their standards and conduct are controlled by the Ministry of Justice.

In the USA this differentiation is not so clear cut so they call everyone a lawyer. Look at the links below for more information.
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
bypxlnline : The difference is recent. Up until a few years ago we had Solicitors and Barristers in the UK. Lawyers was an American term, it has now crept over to here. Call a UK Solicitor a Lawyer and they would be most offended.
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
EpildKitillek : Lawyer is the generic term for anyone qualified to practise law.
The legal profession in England and Wales is split into two branches: solicitors and barristers. A solicitor tends to have an office-based practice, whereas a barrister generally spends a great deal of time in court. Solicitors and barristers are both termed lawyers.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
Milalautlenna : My fiance and I just bought our first home together, We live in a brick ranch with 3 bedrooms, a laundry, kitchen, and living room. we have 2 small kids, 5 and 2 years..We have never had a electric bill before so were curious on how much it is monthly.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
Anaerceinance : My fiance and I just bought our first home together, We live in a brick ranch with 3 bedrooms, a laundry, kitchen, and living room. we have 2 small kids, 5 and 2 years..We have never had a electric bill before so were curious on how much it is monthly
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
small50v : I don't know how to put pictures on like http://pinterest /colorfulclover1/cheapcool-ipod-4-cases/ them bc I want to make collages and take pictures and just normal pictures and put them on phone cases I understand I need to buy the blank cases but I need to know like is it adhesive the material or do I glue it on and what material is it , I have heard you need a press machine or something do you print the picture on special paper then press it into more material just please help me I need to save up money so I can stop borrowing of my parents who should be using it for bills etc
Okay so I don't want one myself sorry its to start selling them like to make money bc I've seen people do quite well with it
  Reply With Quote