FindArena > Find Arena > Attorney

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
Touspedquesee : At school I need to send some text messages but it's a dead zone for AT&T here. I know Sprint, Cricket, Verizon, and T-mobile all just work fine here (ugh). I have the LG Quantum Windows Phone and I turned on roaming to see if I could send texts but it still doesn't work. Any advice?

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
expahReal : LG Quantum being a GSM device can only roam on T-Mobile. Are you sure T-Mobile has service there?
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
camarok : I haven't dropped my phone lately & I'm usually really careful with it, but yesterday it randomly stopped working. It said it was dead, so I plugged it in to charge & when I did that, it vibrated like usual except this time it didn't stop vibrating. Now its saying that its charging& it has stopped vibrating, but the battery is still on red & it still has the lightning bolt sign that means its dead but charging.

I've tried using a different cord, plugging it in to my desktop, & I charged it all night.. but nothings changed.
Any help or suggestions would be great!!
Thank you in advance!
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
Gromisilsss : Turn the phone off. Hold the home button and then press the on off button. Hold them both for about ten seconds until the Apple logo appears this will reset it without deleting your stuff.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
toitiedykix : Constant bullying and abuse of power perpetrated by my supervisor, then finally a physical assault, culminating me to go out on medical leave, then I was terminated while still on med leave. My attorney is not all that aggressive, so I would like to find out what is the California code I can tell him about. My work comp was denied. So, Monday, the 30th of September we go the California Work Comp Appeals Board. I know it is illegal to terminate someone when out on med leave. Where is it defined in California Law?
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
maleagersBiam : In California, my brother went to get a divorce and needed a copy of his license. He filed the divorce and then went to get a copy of the marriage license for records or something. When he got there, they told him that nothing was on file and there was no record of the license. When he broke up with his ex and began moving out and starting the process, she told him she never turned the license in when they got married (almost 2 years ago) but then turned it in (a year after the marriage) when he was moving out of spite.

The certificate/license must be turned in within 90 days of a ceremony, which he didn't know at the time, so she was way too late turning it in. The register office says nothing is there and the marriage is not valid as such. They filed taxes jointly, have a minor child together, and now he's not sure what to do because they weren't legally married. What will have to take place now as far as taxes go? Would he file single for this year? Also, would they refund him for the divorce fee since no divorce was actually needed?

Thanks :)
Thanks for the answers :) He has gone through the court due to a restraining order against his ex as she attacked him on several occasions (often with the child present) before he left and caused personal damage to his property and began to stalk him after he moved out. It was pretty messy. He was granted sole physical custody so at least that has been settled. They had no community property during their relationship other than their wages I suppose so that was pretty easy as well when he filed the divorce. He's really kicking himself as he married for the sake of the child and not out of love for the ex. But what can ya do! I'll share this knowledge with him. Thanks all!
Mentioned it to him, he said he was told that the license and certificate are two different things and that the license had expired because the officiant didn't sign it and turn it in. They had a certificate at the place where they got married, but didn't bring the license to the place for it to be signed by the pastor. So the marriage license was never filed with the county recorder. I don't know. The office manager at the office said nothing was on file for their marriage. He's giving me a headache, but that's family for you :) I'll suggest he get a lawyer and go from there. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
oritisaexarse : It's a bit of a sticky wicket, mate. Try to locate an attorney with a British accent.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
NitengekGen : Even if they weren't legally married, he still needs to go through with the family court filing to handing child support, custody, and visitation. They probably still have some community property to take care of.

He might want to go to a tax service and get assistance fixing the taxes.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
vitalykim : You need a lawyer and an accountant to look into California and federal laws on this.

As a general rule, however, a lapse of an administrative filing rarely invalidates the underlying transaction. For instance, failing to file the deed of your house doesn't make it less "yours"; it simply changes the legal rights of OTHERS who are unaware of the unrecorded deed. It's often possible to file things "late" and with a "late fee" or other documents (explanatory affidavit, court orders, etc), but whether such filings would have retro-active effect is debatable, although having the signed original might be sufficient for most other transactions...
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
Frietteve : I never heard of a time limit to turn in the certificate!! like what difference does it make?! does that somehow negate the ceremony?! what hogwash!!!! in the eyes of the Creator, those two are married, altho they are behaving more like juvenile delinquents

look, they were married, the state can take a long walk off a short plank for all I care.

there is still common law marriage. but this problem is complex because the people involved don't know who they are, and also falsely believe the state is god [ small g ] not to mention they are no longer together and neither likely have an interest in fixing this properly [ to fit in with the state ]

you brother can file a NOTICE in the county with the county recorder, there's a fee for that, that he is divorced from his wife since whatever date they last lived together. it's a public notice, just name and marriage date and location no ssn. it serves as notice a copy, should go to the ex and the original in his to do it properly, write up the notice, then get it notarized-leave a space for the notary to sign etc, then take it to the county recorder with a copy, they will stamp both, and return your original

he should also post a public notice in the local newspaper ' marriage of xyz & abc in county and state and marriage date, is dissolved as of such and such date.

now he has done everything in the private, by posting public notice without asking anyones permission and it is all legal.

he needs to keep a copy of the notice published altho the paper will send a pdf of the notice

he should notice his bank and cc companies too and obviously keep originals of all correspondence, do nothing by phone, do everything in writing .

now sooner or later they will have to work out custody issues on their own, if they bother the state, like child services, they could lose the child!!! I don't know, it's a guess, based on the crazy stuff I've seen the state do. they need to tread carefully, but with a flaky ex-wife...all bets are off.

If I told you marriage certificates were a scam...what would you say?

you should find this quite interesting;

  Reply With Quote