FindArena > Find Arena > Attorney

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
tramerstendss : On my dads plan its me, my dad, my mom, and my brother and my contract ends at the end of may and i want to get the iphone 4 but my dad says that if i get internet all of us have to because they wont let only one line get it and i want to know the answer

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
Aluggegorrunc : You can get data plan for only one line. It's an "addon".

Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days
If you don't share books with strangers, why share music?
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
arroraceags : For job related reasons I need to have a 415.1 (Domestic misdemeanor) dropped to an Infraction. I fall under a Federal Statute Title 18 that prevents me from obtaining a permit to carry a firearm as a security guard. The Statute was passed several years after I pleaded guilty of the PC 415.1. At that time the court meant for me to continue in my career in security/law enforcement. I have no other incidents on my record involving domestic violence. I am allowed to purchase and own firearms. I have had the P.C. 415.1 expunged but it is still in the Department of Justice system. My job of 10 years is as a security officer for a casino in California that has armed security. I am currently in jeopardy of loosing my job and am placed in duties that do not require a firearm. When I contacted the Department of Justice they said the only way I can get a firearms permit is to have the misdemeanor dropped to an Infraction. I have contacted 3 attorneys and have not been able to find one that knows how to argue my case.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
anydayerast : Yes, it can be. Pen C 415 is what is known as a "wobblette," an offense that can either be an infraction or misdemeanor. (Pen C 17(d), 19.8.) A reduction is possible even after 1203.4 relief has been granted (erroneously called "expungement"--nothing is "expunged"). (Meyer v. Superior Court (1966) 247 Cal.App.2d 133.) All this takes is a motion in the court where the conviction was entered. If the court's intention at the time of the conviction was to allow you to continue your career, and your conduct has been good after conviction, I think your chances of getting the reduction are good.

At attorney can certainly help in this, and perhaps if you provide an attorney with the information above you will get better assistance, but you could do it yourself. Although this website is primarily about 1203.4, it does have some discussion of reducing convictions. The orientation is to the more common reduction from a felony to a misdemeanor, but you should find some useful information anyway.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
Sleeryrub : I was recently pulled over outside of Rochester, NY while driving 74 mph in what is normally a 65 mph zone. However I missed the fact that as it currently stands the area in which i was pulled over is a 55 mph "work zone". I probably missed this due to the fact that there was no work to be seen.

The New York State Trooper must have felt a bit of sympathy for me. When he came back with the ticket he said that he knew I was from out of town, and had taken the work zone distinction off of my ticket. that being said he still sighted me for going 74 mph in a 55 mph zone. So now wouldn't the ticket technically be inaccurate?

Is there any chance that I can fight this ticket and get completely off the hook?
The only thing I really know about New York State Traffic law is that if something is wrong on the ticket the whole ticket is thrown out. This includes direction you're traveling color of the car or anything. I'm simply asking if this instance would fall under that umbrella.
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
saitiolmesela : Hang on. The cop cut you a break and instead of taking that gift, you want to fight the ticket?

Let me tell you how this plays out.

You go to court, and you tell the judge that the ticket is inaccurate, because you were in a work zone. The judge asks the cop if this is true, and the cop says yes. Then the judge, right there in front of you, amends the ticket to say that it was a work zone, and your fine doubles.

How does that sound?
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
Astottope : Be happy he removed the work zone distinction. Speeding in a work zone is 4 points on your license and a double fine.
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
Cheeliheimi : No.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
Cewayerep : It shouldn't be too hard to find the most popular attorney in that court who does traffic tickets. Chances are that you can pay them $75-$100 and they will get you a continuance immediately. Then it will become tied up for a year and the chances are high that you will never even see the court. The ticket will probably be dismissed.

I'm only going to say that the wheels of justice in this matter are oiled by money. You can't get out solo. The court needs to see you pay something even if it's just an attorney.
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
expahReal : WORK ZONE means while occupied.
Get the Construction crews time table, stating they were not on site that day.
If they are not working, then it is like a school zone, only during times of operation.
  Reply With Quote