FindArena > Find Arena > Attorney

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 ()
fivefingerslo : I don't understand how anyone can willingly live in that sh!tty state.

  Reply With Quote
  #22 ()
Dwedebeledima : And Obamacare takes billions away from Medicare.
  Reply With Quote
  #23 ()
mapesmootte : I guess there is more money in private prisons and looking to cash in on the free labor offered by prisoners.
  Reply With Quote
  #24 ()
Molemejfvn : I have a custody agreement with the mother of my child. I already pay her child support and when she asks for extra cash and I tell her I don't have the money (which is true I am putting myself through school and barely getting by) She throws tantrums and sends me horrible horrible vile emails with a lot of profanity. She has verbally threatened me in the past. No matter how civil and polite I am with her, she is just horrible to me because of her emotional problems. (BPD) I am tired of the abuse and I just cannot deal with it. My daughter is almost 9 and I cannot see how I am going to keep my sanity if it goes on like this for another 9 or 10 years. I have tried so hard with her.

My question is, are terrible emails enough to grant me a No contact order against her? Or does she have to actually come to my property and threaten my life for it to be a legitimate complaint?
In the custody agreement, I am OBLIGATED to return her calls and emails within 24 hours
  Reply With Quote
  #25 ()
HiveGragree : Thats what junk mail and spam mail filters are for.

Just save them and print them should you need them but ignore them.
  Reply With Quote
  #26 ()
Apapyskyday : I thought that any e-mail is a choice to open or to not? Are you a wimp in the relationship? Send her an e-mail that states you will no longer open any mail from her. Do this and do it absolutely! Save them in a safe place that will not be deleted. We all make mistakes and your mistake was a corrupt wife! Earl
  Reply With Quote
  #27 ()
WahAvell : no...... its not enough to get a restraining order.... especially if you HAVE to keep in contact with her cussing someone out is no grounds to do anything legal about it. threats yeah that would do it but if shes just throwing temper tantrums then no, grow some thicker skin
  Reply With Quote
  #28 ()
grearoriure : No, you should not have to put up with this. I am appalled by the unimaginable dose of double standards that men face here in America today. You don't just "put up with it" because you are a man; contact an attorney and discuss some of these issues and your rights because sometimes problems like these end up a lot worse than they seem now. There should be no excuse for this form of abuse whether verbal or physical and whom that it happens to, man or woman. Besides if you are paying for child support and etc and you are following all the laws you shouldn't deal with this.
  Reply With Quote
  #29 ()
roopMeewido : i got caught with a gun in a car first time ever case in my life will i face jail time
  Reply With Quote
  #30 ()
Williamismku : print friendly email this page Facebook Tweet this page!

Michigan's Concealed Pistol Law - FAQs
This information is provided, as a public service, for general information purposes only. It is not intended to be relied upon as legal authority for the Michigan firearms laws. You should consult with a private attorney or your local Michigan county prosecutor for a legal interpretation or any updates of the Michigan statutes.

Concealed Pistol License (CPL) & Renewal
Information for CPL Holders
Reciprocity for Michigan CPL's
Concealed Weapons (Non-CPL Holders)
Pistol Registration, Purchase, and Transfer
Firearms Rights - Persons convicted of crimes or subject to a PPO
Other Weapons (Non-Pistols)
Federal Firearms Laws
Federal Firearms Dealer Questions
Firearms Related Questions

Concealed Pistol License (CPL) & Renewal

1. What are the requirements to receive a concealed pistol permit?

MCL 28.425b Please select the below website for an outlined description. Please see: Requirements to Obtain a Permit

2. How do I renew my concealed pistol permit?

MCL 28.425l Please see: Permit Renewal for an outlined description for renewal procedures.

3. How long is the Concealed Pistol License course that I took valid?

MCL 28.425j specifies what conditions must be met in the course required to get a Concealed Pistol License. One of those requirements is that the program provides a certificate of completion stating the program complies with the requirements of this section. There is not an expiration date on the training. However, your local county gun board will review the training certificate to see if is acceptable.

4. I received my original Concealed Pistol License after July 1, 2001 and have since moved to another county. Do I need to reapply in the new county?

No. The Concealed Pistol License is a state license and a change of county residency does not change the status. However, when your license expires, the renewal of that license should occur in your new county of residence.

5. How old do I have to be in order to apply for a concealed pistol permit?

MCL 28.421 Twenty-one (21) years of age.

Top of Page

Information for CPL Holders

1. What must a CPL permit holder do when "stopped" by police?

Please See: Encounters with Police.

2. Are there any places where I may not carry a concealed pistol?

MCL 28.425o Anyone licensed to carry a concealed pistol from Michigan or another state shall not carry a concealed pistol in any of the pistol free zones. For a complete list, please see: Pistol Free Areas . Under Federal law, firearms are also restricted in federal facilities. A federal facility means "a building or part thereof owned or leased by the federal government, where federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties." This includes facilities such as post offices and federal courts.

3. When may a concealed pistol be seized?

MCL 28.425g . A pistol carried in violation of this act is subject to seizure and forfeiture in the same manner that property is subject to seizure and forfeiture under sections 4701 to 4709 of the revised judicature act of 961, 1961 PA 236, MCL 600.4701 to 600.4709 . This section does not apply if the violation is a state civil infraction under section 5f unless the individual fails to present his or her license within the 45-day period described in that section.

4. Does my valid Concealed Pistol License allow me to carry a concealed pistol in a state park?

Yes. MCL 324.504 states that the DNR cannot promulgate or enforce a rule that prohibits a ccw holder from carrying on property under the control of the DNR.

Top of Page

Concealed Weapons (Non-CPL Holders)

1. If I do not have a CPL permit, may I transport my pistol in a motor vehicle?

MCL 750.231a A person is permitted to transport a pistol for a lawful purpose if the owner or occupant of the vehicle is the registered owner of the firearm and the pistol is unloaded, in a closed case designed for the storage of firearms, and in the trunk of the vehicle. If the vehicle does not have a trunk, the pistol may be in the passenger compartment of the vehicle provided the pistol is unloaded, in a closed case designed for the storage of firearms, and inaccessible to the occupants of the vehicle.
  Reply With Quote