FindArena > Find Arena > Airport

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
MornOccaranog : I have a product I want to patent, but did not find a lawyer yet. Do I have lawyers sign Non-disclosure agreements when speaking to them about it?

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
gerceWedy : Probably not, but I'm sure you could if it made you feel more comfrotable
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
aliefique : How about you research the phrase "attorney client privilege?"
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
Effelpquofe : Your lawyer (in the USA anyway) would be immediately disbarred for improper disclosure of your invention, even if he or she did not sign any NDA. Many attorneys would be irreversibly insulted by you even asking them to sign one, which is not a healthy way to start the relationship.

Also note that you need to be careful to distinguish between "product" and "invention". You can patent an invention; you cannot generally patent a product (unless, perhaps, the product is completely comprised of the entire invention).

Before you spend time (and money) talking to a patent attorney, you might want to study up on the basic process, fees, components of the application, and the lingo of patent prosecution. That way you won't be paying $400 an hour to be spoon-fed the basics you can find online or in a "patent it yourself" book (which is fine as far as it goes, but an extremely bad idea for most inventors to do alone).
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
Gahhaigma : 48519

The answer is YES... Most SHOULD and not be offended... At least those you SHOULD work with. Do not work with one who simply says being a lawyer means your inventive idea is safe.. Lots of disbarred lawyers... unfortunately... I do not subscribe to the "insulted" thing of bcnu... Just an opinion gained from working with over 30 attorneys in this crazy patent field...

ALSO.. come to understand WHAT the lawyer will do for you BEFORE you engage them..

To do that you can learn a bit about the Patent PROCESS as well as learn about the Provisional Application for Patent that only costs $125 from the USPTO..

Get a sample NDA and read about the Provisional in this website..

PM me with questions...
Act QUICK because there is some crazy lawyer out there who HATES when I give useful answers and marks my questions for deletion! Then, Yahoo UNDELETES the answer and DEMERITS their account..
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
roritriagma : Yes you should ask then to sign a "Non Disclosure Agreement" before discussing your idea to a lawyer, patent agent or even a potential investor.

A good lawyer or patent agent will himself present his version of NDA before discussing the idea (I do it and feel that its instantly removes my client's hesitation and he can discuss in details :)

You can even ask them to sign NDNC which is Non Disclosure and Non Compete Agreement.

Better go with two copies of it everywhere, get it signed by them and keep one copy with you and give another to them.

pankaj thape
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
QRmillsFW : I have rented an apartment In Tempe In a compound. The leasing office has told me that the only option for leasing is one year. I agreed to this and I signed all the papers they took from me the rent for the coming month and 2 months in advance as a deposit.
Now I'm facing problems with this property, It's too noisy, People are playing loud music, screaming all the time.
I haven't experienced living in US particularly Tempe, AZ. Is this something normal ! these noises are killing me I can not stay in my dept. everyday I must call the guards to do something with these loud music.I can't study, I can't do my researches. I can not even think clearly.
Now, I'm not an American I came here for studying. my question is can I break the contract? Does disturbance? consider as strong excuse!

  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
yalicen : Not remotely.
"disturbance" isn't remotely grounds for voiding a contract which you signed. Trying to claim ignorance of the fact you were moving into student housing, with all that implies won't cut it. You should have done some research into the type of place you were moving into.

So you can do two things.
1. Buy a set of ear plugs or get noise cancelling head phones.

2. Get used to it. It's the first weekend of school, nobody is studying or doing their researches, not even you. People will be quieter once classes actually start. Better yet, go say hello to your new neighbors instead of sitting in your room peeping out the window. When you're on friendly terms, you can ask them to quiet down when it is important.

It's called culture shock. You're homesick and don't know anybody. You're afraid of everything that is strange, no matter what you tried to convince yourself how prepared you were to live in a strange country.
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
sageseepamb : It's not likely that you can break the contract. but you certainly, can call the Police every time it happens It's not allowed to make loud disturbances at any time so they can help and your apartment complex may have to eventually hire a guard.
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
femolermed : landlord/tenant laws vary from state to state and from city to city

your landlord/manager can and should do something about the loud music. you are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of your home (apartment)

according to my "landlord's law book" nuisance is defined as "... behavior that prevents neighbors from fully enjoying the use of their own homes. continuous loud noise and foul odors are examples of legal nuisance ..."

therefore, you should be able live in an apartment without having to put up with all of the extra noise. talk with some of the other tenants, does the noise bother them as well. if so, collectively write a letter to the landlord/manager complaining about it. if you have manager who does nothing about it ask for the landlord's address and send the second letter to them - the landlord's address may be included in your lease agreement

most landlords want tenants who pay rent on time and don't cause problems. most professional landlords/managers will act to take care of problems like you are having

if necessary you and your group of like minded tenants might consider consulting an a attorney versed in landlord/tenant law on what can be done and how best to proceed
  Reply With Quote