FindArena > Find Arena > Airport

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 ()
wegeillisee : Not sure if my daughter used this girls drivers license to get into bars/clubs but I do know she didn't do what this girl is claiming she did. This girl began harassing me last year because she claimed her purse got stolen in 2009 at a nearby grocery store and that it was in fact my daughter who stole it. She said that she realized my daughter in 2012 tried to use her ID at a bar that she worked at and my daughter supposedly fled. If that is the case then so be it, she used an ID to get into a bar, but now a year later this woman is claiming that my daughter pulled credit cards and bought a car in her name. I KNOW for a fact none of that is true. I let her borrow money from me to buy her car and went with her to pick it up. She paid me back the following month with her tax return. She was also studying abroad when this woman claimed that her credit card was being used in California. We know that this girl is lying just based on that information. My daughter came back home from Europe for a visit and this woman saw her and called the Sheriff. The sheriff questioned my daughter on the matter and informed my daughter that she had been seen by two eyewitnesses (which are the girls' friends) and had video footage from 2010 trying to use this girls ID to purchase alcohol at a local gas station. She told the sheriff that there was a misunderstanding and that she has never used any else's ID. Those two people also identified my daughter in a photo lineup supposedly. The Sheriff confirmed that the ID was not in her possession when she gave him permission to search. He claims that he will forward her statement to the district attorney and they will decide if there is enough evidence to take to court. Is that enough evidence to presume my daughter had a stolen identification and prosecute her for identity theft as they claim or is it just a scare tactic to get her to admit to something she didn't do? If not so, what other evidence will they need to prosecute? She also has no priors. This is in the state of California. Thank you for your time.

  Reply With Quote
  #2 ()
yalicen : Law enforcement will take all the evidence such as your daughters statements along with and made
by the other side.
It then will be up to the county Attorney to study the evidence and determine
if they feel there is enough to after your daughter with.
If they do decide to take her to court make sure to hire a attorney.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 ()
graiccabs : Any help with this will be amazing. I have seen a tour of deep south usa with contiki for 6 weeks at £2765 not inc flights, so around £3785 with flights. It includes accommodation and transport between destinations.Now i know this is expensive, so i wanted to know any other way to do it?
Do i just book accommodation prior to the trip? Or do i just turn up to my first destination and then look for accommodation as i go along and the same for transport?
  Reply With Quote
  #4 ()
Sidaadmiple : Why would you want to go to the deep south?
  Reply With Quote
  #5 ()
Sleeryrub : The trip MAY be a good deal, but it depends on where you go, when, and what type hotels & transportation are included.

Another answer to your question is correct and visiting in April/May or September/October is a better choice than during June/July/August unless you are planning a beach holiday. The south is very hot or hot + humid all summer.

If you book the all-inclusive tour then you should get vouchers for the hotels and your stays will already be arranged. Ditto regarding transportation.; That can be good, but it also eliminates flexibility. You don't want to be forced to spend a week at the beach if it's raining the whole time.

Try pricing the same trip using hotel and airline/bus/train websites.

For example:

Pay attention to location as many hotels/motels in the USA outside city centers are not accessible by public transit. You effectively must have a personal automobile or be prepared to pay huge taxi bills.

You can usually find a place to stay (hotel) in all of the USA unless you are trying to visit during an event, such as New Year's Eve in New York or Mardi Gras in New Orleans. However, it is always best to have a reservation, even if you make it shortly before you arrive. For example, if you concentrate on staying with one (or two) hotel chains then the hotel where you are will be glad to help you make a reservation at your next destination. You also maximize frequent guest benefits by staying with one chain during a six-week trip. For example: (compare)

Do try to avoid moving around too much. I recommend identifying a maximum of six or seven locations to visit on a six-week trip and getting to know them a bit before moving on. Visiting 20 places on a 45 day trip will be very tiring and the trip will be only a blur when it's over.


Citizens of about 35 countries can travel to the USA for up to 90 days at a time as a tourist or for some business purposes by registering for ESTA > before < their trip begins. The cost is US$14, which is similar to the fee for the Australian ETA program.

Registering is accomplished online, you don't need the details of your trip, and the confirmation is valid for multiple trips to the USA over two (2) years so don't wait until the last minute.

Print the confirmation - or at least record the number - and keep the information with your passport. Having a return or onward ticket leaving North America is a requirement, so have a copy of your airline itinerary at passport control.

If someday you plan a long visit then DON'T schedule your departure day for the 90th day (any part of a day in the USA counts as a whole day, so if you arrive at 23:59h on the 1st and leave at 00:01h on the 10th it is 10 days in the USA). Schedule your departure not later than the 88th day as there are no (zero) provisions in the Visa Waiver Program for someone to voluntarily extend their stay. If you miss your flight due to something Immigration might consider avoidable (ex. flat tire on the way to the airport) they may ban you from using the VWP in the future.

Check with your health insurance to find out if it covers you in the USA and pays for medical evacuation to home (should that be necessary). If yes then take proof of coverage with you. If no or not sure then get trip medical insurance, which is cheap and sold by airlines & travel agents. The USA has wonderful medical care but it isn't free or even cheap. Please do not skimp on this as an otherwise-silly accident could turn into a crisis if you don't have medical insurance. This is a link from the US government, but the info is good for anyone traveling outside their home country:
  Reply With Quote
  #6 ()
2qot54rt74o : You could rent a car and travel around yourself, staying at bed and breakfasts.

However, that doesn't sound like too much money for how much you're doing, especially over such a long period of time - as well as including accommodation and transport.

Welcome to the USA! I hope you enjoy it. Be prepared for the fact that the Deep South still has deep-rooted issues regarding racism, and there's quite a bit of poverty (they never really recovered from the Civil War or Hurricane Sandy). You will undoubtedly encounter some tragic ghost towns that were utterly wiped out.
  Reply With Quote
  #7 ()
Neenstookem : I'm going to the Isle of Man tomorrow. It's a crown dependency of the United Kingdom (queen Elizabeth II is head of state ) and its scenic with seascape, and castles thousands of years old. It's in between the islands of Ireland & Britain
. One problem: should I exchange my currency when I get my flight tonight at the airport, because I doubt they will have Manx pounds? Can I exchange for England £ and use it on the Isle of Man? Or should I wait to exchange currency at a bank when I arrive in Douglas . Thanks ! I'm looking forward to this trip! I leave soon.. I've always wanted to visit the Isle of Man.
Any Manx people on here?
  Reply With Quote
  #8 ()
FZRaymond :
  Reply With Quote
  #9 ()
dicSlulpcut : Scotland and Northern Ireland use the same currency as the rest of the UK - the British Pound Sterling.

If you mean to Scottish and Northern Irish bankotes circulate in the rest of the UK, then the answer is yes. I've never seen a Manx note though.
  Reply With Quote
  #10 ()
cvdfmehk : Yes.
  Reply With Quote